Open Close

Clyde 1 v 2 Kilmarnock

Clyde v Kilmarnock

Match Type: League Cup

Venue: Broadwood Stadium

Date: Saturday, 17th July 2021

Kick Off: 3:00pm

Attendance: 456

Referee: G Aitken


Clyde Kilmarnock
pen. (57) Love Alston (1)
  Cameron (20) pen.


Clyde   Kilmarnock
Mitchell Walker
Cuddihy Naismith
Rumsby Stokes (65)
Balatoni Murray
(45) Docherty Haunstrup
Gomis McGinn
(60) Splaine Alston
(45) Kennedy Burke (65)
(60) Jones McKenzie
Cunningham Murray
Love Cameron
Bradley-Hurst Hemming
(45) Mortimer Sanders (65)
(45) Livingstone Lyons (65)
Goodwillie Polworth
(60) McGrath McGowan
Cassidy Connell
(60) Andrew Craig

Match Report

Clyde lost out this afternoon in Premier Sports Cup Group G, as two first half goals were enough to see Kilmarnock to a 2-1 victory at Broadwood.

Danny Lennon made two changes to his starting line-up from Tuesday night, as Paul Kennedy and Robert Jones started in place of Billy Mortimer and David Goodwillie.

Clyde got off to the worst possible start, as Blair Alston found himself with the ball inside the box after some poor defending and opened the scoring with 25 seconds on the clock.

The visitors almost doubled their lead soon after as a cross found Chris Burke at the back post, but his low effort came off the outside of the woodwork.

It wasn’t long before Kilmarnock got a second goal though, as the referee pointed to the spot after judging the ball to have hit the arm of Mark Docherty, and Innes Cameron slotted the ball into the net.

David Mitchell was called into action again as half-time approached, and made a terrific double save first to deny Innes Cameron and then at full stretch to deny Chris Burke’s curling effort.

The Clyde keeper was needed soon after the restart as Rory McKenzie got a shot away after breaking through the middle of the park but once again Mitchell managed to get across to deny the attacker.

The Bully Wee got themselves back into the game just before the hour, as Robert Jones was pulled down in the box while trying to get a shot away and Ally Love made no mistake from the spot to get a goal back.

Another two chances fell for Clyde in the game as Love had a powerful effort that went narrowly over the bar, and substitute Kieran McGrath had an overhead kick saved by Walker in the Kilmarnock goal.

The game soon died down with limited chances for either side and the Championship side held on for all three points.

It seems you are viewing this mobile site on a device which would be best suited to view the main Clyde FC website.