Open Close

Clyde 2 v 4 Airdrieonians

Clyde v Airdrieonians

Match Type: Scottish League One

Venue: Broadwood Stadium

Date: Saturday, 26th December 2020

Kick Off: 3:00pm

Referee: G Irvine


Clyde Airdrieonians
(38) Cuddihy Robert (8)
(61) Love Carrick (16)
  Kerr (20)
  Carrick (54)


Clyde   Airdrieonians
Mitchell Currie
Bain McKay
Rumsby Crighton
Lang Fordyce
McNiff MacDonald
(77) Nicoll Thomson
(46) Cunningham Ritchie Yellow Card
Cuddihy Kerr
Palmer Robert (68) Yellow Card
Love Carrick (84)
Goodwillie Connell (90) Yellow Card
(46) Lamont McCann (68)
Vajs Hutton
(77) Howie Roy (90)
Robertson Sabatini (84)
Henderson Mbayo
Cassidy (Trialist) O'Reilly

Match Report

The Bully Wee signed off 2020 in a disappointing manner by gifting Airdrieonians three early goals in a defeat at a wet and windy Broadwood this afternoon.

Danny Lennon made three changes to the side that won at Cove last Saturday, with Martin McNiff and Kevin Nicoll being brought into the side, along with Cammy Palmer to make his first start. Craig Howie dropped to the bench, whilst Josh Jack and Kris Syvertsen missed out entirely.

The Diamonds played with a strong wind behind them in the first half and broke the deadlock after just eight minutes, when Thomas Robert's inswinging corner deceived the Clyde defence and ended up in the back of the net.

Airdrie doubled their lead after 16 minutes as David Mitchell came for a corner but was unable to claim the ball. Dale Carrick was then given an easy task of prodding home Sean Crighton's knock down.

The visitors then went three goals up five minutes later. Josh Kerr was given plenty of time and space on the edge of the box after picking up a loose ball, and placed a shot into the corner of the net.

Airdrie had further chances to increase their lead and Kyle Connell passed up a glorious chance after a Scott Rumsby slip left him one-on-one with Mitchell, but he tried to take the ball around the 'keeper, who was able to make a save.

The Bully Wee gave themselves a lifeline with seven minutes of the half remaining. David Goodwillie did well to keep the ball in play and drove down the touchline, before cutting in and squaring to Barry Cuddihy in the box. He took a touch and finished well beyond Max Currie.

The Diamonds restored their three goal advantage nine minutes after the restart. A throw-in made it's way across the Clyde box to the feet of Carrick, who crashed a shot high into the net for his second of the afternoon.

Ally Love then thought he had pulled another goal back but was flagged offside, but he wasn't to be denied moments later as he got his toe on the end of Jamie Bain's low cross with half an hour remaining.

Clyde then had a dangerous corner of their own which looked to be heading into the net, only to be headed off the line by an Airdrie defender. 

It seems you are viewing this mobile site on a device which would be best suited to view the main Clyde FC website.