Open Close

Clyde 1 v 0 Partick Thistle

Clyde v Partick Thistle

Match Type: Scottish League One

Venue: Broadwood Stadium

Date: Saturday, 17th October 2020

Kick Off: 3:00pm

Referee: D Dickinson


Clyde Partick Thistle
(70) Love  


Clyde   Partick Thistle
Mitchell 1 Sneddon
Bain 2 Foster (76)
Lang 3 Brownlie
Yellow Card McNiff 4 McKenna
Shiels 5 Penrice Yellow Card
Cuddihy 6 Docherty
(85) Jack 7 Bannigan (76)
(77) Syvertsen 8 Cardle (56)
Cunningham 9 Gordon (56)
(90) Love 10 Murray
Goodwillie 11 Kouider-Aissa (68)
Rumsby S1 Williamson (76)
Vajs GK Wright
(85) Lamont S2 Spittal (56)
(90) Johnston S3 Lyons (56)
(77) Howie S4 Reilly (76)
Robertson S5 Niang (68)
S6 Breen & Rodden

Match Report

The Bully Wee picked up a much deserved victory over old rivals Partick Thistle to open the League 1 season at Broadwood today thanks to an Ally Love goal, though in truth the visitors had 'keeper Jamie Sneddon to thank for keeping the score down.

Danny Lennon made five changes to his side that lost to Falkirk on Tuesday evening, with David Mitchell, Jamie Bain, Martin McNiff and Josh Jack all returning, and Kristoffer Syvertsen making his first start since recovering from injury.

Ally Love came close to opening the scoring for The Bully Wee but his chipped effort from the edge of the box finished narrowly wide of the post, and then a move from a short corner ended with Ross Cunningham firing a shot towards target, which Ricky Foster diverted behind.

At the other end Barry Cuddihy was caught in possession and Joe Cardle sent a cross into the box. Salim Kouider-Aissa rose highest but was unable to direct his header from close range on target.

A goalkeeper was finally called into action just before in the interval, when Syvertsen's lofted ball through to Cunningham was headed into the path of David Goodwillie. The striker unleashed a volley towards goal but Jamie Sneddon managed to get his body behind the shot and turn it behind.

Syvertsen was looking lively and showed good skill early into the second-half before getting a shot away which cracked against the post.

The Jags also hit the woodwork at the other end when Blair Spittal's free-kick was flicked on to the post, then Martin McNiff made a vital interception to clear the ball behind ahead of the lurking Salim Kouider-Aissa.

The decisive moment came in the 70th minute in a move involving all of Clyde's front four. Syvertsen broke down the right and crossed to Cunningham just outside the area, who in turn flicked through to Goodwillie. His effort was blocked by Sneddon but Love was well positioned to volley the rebound into the back of the net.

Partick Thistle's only attempt on goal during the afternoon was a tame effort from Spittal which David Mitchell held comfortably.

The Bully Wee had three great chances in stoppage time to seal the points but were denied by Sneddon on each occasion, firstly saving a Chris Johnston effort from point-blank range, and twice frustrating Goodwillie.

The misses didn't prove to be costly though, as Clyde saw out the game to open their campaign with three points.

It seems you are viewing this mobile site on a device which would be best suited to view the main Clyde FC website.