Volunteer with Clyde FC
Over 100 people volunteer for Clyde FC on a weekly basis, from coaching youngsters, writing in the matchday programme to co-ordinating fundraising events. There are a number of activities that people with a few hours to spare each week can get involved in.
A love of The Bully Wee or football in general is a help for some roles, but for others it certainly isn't essential and all we ask for is a commitment to fulfil the task described.
If you are interested in any of the roles listed below, click on the title for more information, download an application form and send it to .
If you think that there are other ways in which you could assist Clyde FC, please contact club director Gordon Thomson via .
Fundraiser: Events and Activities
|Aim & Description:||The club requires help to organise events and or co-ordinate sponsorship activities. This role may be assisting the running of existing successful events eg a race night, sponsored walk or a fundraising dinner or it could be about making an idea happen|
|Skills/Experience:||Enthusiasm and commitment to see an idea happen!|
|Aim & Description:||Agents are required in all areas to sell tickets for the hugely successful Clyde FC Lottery, which had a jackpot rising up to £20,000. 20% commission is paid on all weekly sales generated by each agent. For further details please contact Gordon Nisbet on 07732520378.|
Promotion & Fundraising
Clyde Archive Team
|Aim & Description:||Whether you’ve got a wide, general interest in the history of The Bully Wee, or your specialist subject is programmes, match tickets, old strips, photographs, merchandise, club ties or whatever, we'd like to hear from you. Clyde Supporter, Gordon Sydney is leading up this team with the aim to celebrate the club's past and establish a record of the club for the future|
a vested interest in all aspects of the history of Clyde FC, and
a willingness to put in time and effort to move the concept of The Clyde Archive forward.
|Aim & Description:||The club is keen to raise its profile in the community and on occasions Clyde FC will have an information stand at community events, this will help promote the club and help others learn about the Bully Wee. Volunteers’ roles include booking a place, setting up the stand, distributing information and chatting to members of the public. From Landemer Day to the Kilsyth Gala wherever the event is held you can help us have a presence…|
|Skills/Experience:||People skills, own transport an advantage|
|Additional Comments:||Information materials and stand provided|
Community Link Volunteer
|Aim & Description:||The role aims to enable the club to have a network of individuals who will be able to distribute information about season tickets, club events, special offers etc in their own local community, workplace or school. Too often the club has had good ideas in the past but these have not been circulated widely enough with uptake subsequently affected.
Whether it’s distributing season ticket flyers in your street, putting posters advertising future games in your school or corner shop a few moments of your time on an occasional basis would help the club tremendously.
|Skills/Experience:||Enthusiasm! Internet access an advantage|
|Additional Comments:||Permission for advertising in workplace or schools would need to be agreed by the volunteer and not the club|
Fundraiser: Trust Application/research
|Aim & Description:||The new CIC status and Clyde FC’s charitable arm has given the club access to new income streams for some of its activities, this role would assist the club in trying to source additional funding. Your role would assist the club by helping to research and complete funding applications|
|Skills/Experience:||Good written skills. Previous knowledge of application process an advantage|
|Additional Comments:||Assistance will be given in sourcing potential trust funds and grants|
Match Day Activities
There are currently no volunteering opportunities in this category.
Digital Media Manager
|Aim & Description:||Clyde FC seeks applications for the voluntary post of Digital Media Manager.
As part of its succession planning, the club is keen to recruit an experienced and energetic individual to manage the current digital media team.
The role responsibilities and required skills are listed below and applications, ideally including a CV, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Head of Communications.
- Liaise with Head of Communications and Club Board to deliver the agreed club communication strategy.
- Maintain all pages of club website regularly
- Conduct interviews with club staff to provide first person updates i.e. first team manager
- Check, amend and publish submitted content for news section
- Generate other news content for the website
- Ensure regularly occurring updates are published on schedule i.e. weekly lottery results
- Monitor and moderate Forum on a regular basis.
- Oversee matchday activities and press liaison
- Work with other members of media team to coordinate content
- Manage the club's online shop facility (excluding merchandise) and add/amend items for payment as required
- Manage relationship with website development provider
- Facilitate the addition of new features on the website, or updates to existing features
- Manage club email system and provide technical support to users
- Monitor and update Social media channels
|Skills/Experience:||- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience of using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience of using an online shop system
- Picture editing experience (Photoshop, Fireworks)
- Knowledge of Office365
- Awareness of main social media platforms
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to maintain a consistent brand style across all communications
- Good verbal communication
|Additional Comments:||Please also feel free to volunteer for any aspects of the role where you feel you could contribute as a member of the media team.|